We recognise that privacy is important. This document outlines the types of data we collect when you use our services, as well as the uses we make of this data.
Data we collect and how we use it:
- When you visit this website, our web servers automatically record some non-personally-identifiable HTTP header data such as the referring URL, IP address, browser type, preferred language, and the time of the visit. This information is forwarded to Google analytics and used to generate statistics about use of the site.
- We will also collect any personally identifiable information such as user name and email-address that you provide to us on our forms. We only use personal information to verify login information, and to provide services that you have requested. We do not share this information with third parties, except in the exceptional cases listed in the next item. We do not send you unsolicited email.
- We may be forced to share personal information with third parties such as the police or other government agencies in exceptional circumstances, such as when complying with legal process, preventing fraud or other harm, and ensuring the security of our network and services.
- We may combine personal information collected from you in connection with a specific service with information from other services or third parties to provide a better user experience, including customising content and advertising for you.
- We store the data on our servers in the Kingdom of Norway and maintain it in compliance with Norwegian privacy and data protection law (Personopplysningsloven). In some cases, we may process non-personal data on a server outside the Kingdom of Norway.
- You may decline to provide personal information to us. In general, our services has been designed to work as well as possible without your personal information being available. However some services may provide you with less functionality as a result.
- If you choose to provide personal information, we shall make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your own personal information as collected by us and to let you correct such data (if it is inaccurate) or delete it.
Termination and Deletion:
- You may terminate your personal account at DPanswers at any time. When you terminate your account, we will automatically delete any personal information (such as email-address and profile information) associated with your personal account.
- Published Contributions will normally be retained after you terminate your account, unless you request that they are deleted (see below). Retained contributions will carry the byline or name you used when you submitted the Contribution, unless you request that the byline or name is removed (see below).
- You may request that your name or byline, attached to a Contribution submitted by you and published on the site, are removed or pseudonymised. The publisher will comply with such requests in a timely manner.