Terms of Service
This document outlines the general Terms of Service (“Terms”) for DPanswers.com (the “Service”).
Since you have not signed a contract, this is not a legally binding document. However, these Terms set forth the conditions under which the Service operates. If you do not agree with these Terms, I respectfully request that you refrain from using the Service.
The Service is provided by the company HNM AS (the “Publisher”). By contributing or submitting a question, answer or comment (“material”) to the Service, you automatically become a “Contributor”.
- Proper Use: All use of the Service must be in compliance with all applicable local, state, national, and international laws, rules and regulations. The site must not be used by pupils or students in lieu of doing assigned homework or answering test or exam questions themselves. Contributors shall not submit material that are unlawful, immoral, defamatory, harassing, hateful, abusive, fraudulent, obscene, misleading, intended to advertise or sell goods or services, intended to generate income for the Contributor or a third party through affilate advertising, or are otherwise objectionable. Contributors shall not submit material designed to elicit responses that relate to illegal activity or that infringe upon another party's copyright, moral rights or intellectual property rights. Contributors shall not request or provide private information about individuals.
- Editorial Control: Beyond simple filters to reject link spam, the Publisher does not edit, screen, filter, modify, or otherwise monitor the content of material in advance of initially posting or displaying it on the Service. The Publisher takes no responsibility for contributed material, nor does the Publisher have any obligation to monitor such material. Nonetheless, Publisher reserves the right not to use material that violate the foregoing conditions for proper use and to delete or edit material, in whole or in part, from the Service at any time for any reason. The Publisher also reserves the right to remove objectionable or personally identifiable information from any material. The Publisher will not be responsible or liable for the exercise or non-exercise of such rights.
- Not Professional Advice or Relationship: Information provided via the Services is not intended to substitute for informed professional advice. If you contribute a question on a topic, it is given that you are interested in general information on this topic, rather than professional advice. You should bear in mind that the applicability of such general information might vary substantially in different geographical areas and according to the individual factual circumstances surrounding the individual case. If you desire or require professional advice, please consult a qualified professional. Any direct or indirect interchange between you, the publisher, and additional contributors as a byproduct of using the Service do not form the basis for a professional-client relationship, and is not subject to standards or requirements of confidentiality and/or privilege associated with this type of relationship.
- Anonymity: The Publisher will not publicly disclose your material in a manner that directly associates it with you. However, if you choose to include personally identifiable information in the material you contribute, the Publisher may use such material as provided without being liable for breaking your anonymity.
- No Warranty: The material provided by the Publisher via this Service is derived from public reference sources, or provided by editorial staff, or submitted by independent Contributors. The material has not been verified. Neither the Publisher nor Contributors represent that it is accurate, correct, complete, reliable, or otherwise valid. The Publisher does not endorse or recommend, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, merchant, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or linked to. Further Publisher does not endorse or support any opinion expressed in a question, comment, or answer. THE INFORMATION AND SERVICE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITH NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. YOU USE THE SERVICE AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE PUBLISHER AND INDIVIDUAL CONTRIBUTORS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE SERVICE, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of warranty, so the above exclusions may not apply to you.
- Limitation of Liability: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE PUBLISHER OR INDIVIDUAL CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH USE OF THE SERVICE WHETHER OR NOT THE PUBLISHER OR CONTRIBUTOR HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL THE PUBLISHER OR CONTRIBUTOR BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY AMOUNT FOR SERVICES RENDERED OR INFORMATION PROVIDED PURSUANT TO THIS AGREEMENT. TO THE EXTENT THAT ANY QUESTION, COMMENT, OR ANSWER REFERS TO ANY PRODUCT, MANUFACTURER, DISTRIBUTOR, COMPANY, SERVICE OR SERVICE PROVIDER, THE PUBLISHER EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY ASSOCIATION WITH, ENDORSEMENT OF, OR LIABILITY FOR, ANY SUCH PRODUCT, MANUFACTURER, DISTRIBUTOR, COMPANY, SERVICE OR SERVICE PROVIDER. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability, so the above limitation and exclusions may not apply to you.
- Relationship of the Parties: Notwithstanding any provision hereof, for all purposes of these Terms each party shall be and act as an independent entity, and not as partner, joint venturer, agent, employee or employer of the other. These Terms shall not bind nor attempt to bind the other to any contract.
- No Assignment: you shall not assign these Terms or assign any rights or delegate any obligations hereunder, in whole or in part, whether voluntarily or by operation of law, without the Publisher's prior written consent. Any such purported assignment or delegation by you without the Publisher's prior written consent will be null and void and of no force or effect, unless otherwise expressly consented to by the Publisher at its sole and absolute discretion.
- Copyright and licensing: Each Contributor retains the copyright of all original material he or she contributes to the Service. However, by contributing material, the Contributor implicitly grants the Publisher a perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, edit, translate, publish, perform, display, post, transmit and distribute contributed material without compensation to the contributor, anonymously or in the aggregate, for internal or external purposes, alone or as part of other works in any form, media, or technology, whether now known or hereafter developed, and to sublicense such rights. Except as noted above, any use of material extracted from this Service is explicitly forbidden without written permission of the original copyright holder. This includes, but is not limited to, use on advertising-supported, free websites, use on for-pay websites, and bundling with commercial products.
- Arbitration: These Terms shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Kingdom of Norway. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be deemed superseded by a valid and enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remaining provisions shall be enforced. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Terms shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the arbitration rules of the Kingdom of Norway (voldgift). Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The decision of the arbitrator shall be final and unappealable. The arbitration shall be conducted in Oslo, Norway. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, the Publisher may at any time seek injunctions or other forms of equitable relief from any court of competent jurisdiction. The Publisher's failure to act upon a breach of these Terms does not waive the Publisher's right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches. The failure of Publisher to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such a right or provision.